Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mr. Lucky










































Man, I got lucky today. I received an invitation today from a fellow teacher in my department to go on a cruise this evening on the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. Boy-o-boy, what a nice night to be cruising around downtown Chicago it was! We boarded the Elegante right by Navy Pier and went through the lock to catch the Chicago River. The owner of the boat - not the guy I work with - provided a lovely dinner and a tour guide. We got a chance to see the city as the sun was setting and then cruised back out onto Lake Michigan for a short run along the shore line.

If I had money, I'd have me a big ass boat too. And you'd all be invited for a trip down the Chicago River. Shame it's never going to happen on a teacher's salary. When I build my little boat, I will give you a chance to row a little bit, though.

Thanks for the invite, Jeff.

1 comment:

Grumpyunk said...

Damn Dude. That's pretty cool. Chicago is still my favorite big city.