Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bits and Pieces





















Since I'm in Virginia for the big middleweight fight, who better to put up here than Sugar Ray?






















And this one, Villa Garzoni, because of the next big adventure.


Jimmy's all set to box in tonight's main event here in Fairfax, Virginia. This is the boy's big shot and a big step up in the caliber of opponent. Let's hope it works out as planned.

I came across Dime City Cycles while wasting precious time I could've been putting toward something constructive the other day. Looks like they specialize in cafe racers and bobbers, both building and selling parts. They've got a Monza style flip gas cap like I was looking for on the Rickati tank for less than 50 bucks. They've also got a green metalflake helmet that would be just the ticket for Surly. Lots of hard to find stuff all under one roof. I'll have to keep them in mind when I get back on the 900 project which, hopefully, will be relatively soon.

The spiral stair is progressing. I've got two of my aces bending the handrail. Doing pretty good for first timers. That should be pretty close to done before Spring Break. Then all I need to do is get it cleaned up and a fresh coat of paint put on.

I sandblasted the little race car chassis while the boys were bending the handrail. I've got it almost fixtured up so I can finish the modifications and send that one down the road.

Most importantly, today's my anniversary. Forty years of wedded bliss. Keep the home fires burning, baby - be home tomorrow.

2 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

Good luck there tonight, Bro. Hope your boy does good.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Thanks - he's tough but he might need a little luck for this one. Both guys are heavy hitters - I doubt this one will go the scheduled ten rounds.