Saturday, March 5, 2011

Two Weeks 'til Lift-Off








Gina Lolobridgida























Photos from here:










Duomo di Milano







Two weeks 'til departure. The trip I've waited my whole life for. And now, not only am I going, but apparently about a million Libyans are planning on showing up as well. That should make for some interesting headlines. It's good to see the evil dictators of the world being run off but it's going to make for some rocky times.

Gas prices have already shot up with I'm sure more on the way. I would guess they'll settle in about $4.50/ gallon. Food prices were already jumping before the oil increase, so that should continue for a while as well. It'll be interesting to see how the US reacts to all of this. We can't afford to send everyone money, nor can we afford huge price increases if we want the "recovery" to continue. I'm thinking there might not be any more recovery. This could just be how it's going to be for a long time. Might even get worse, for that matter. You should all be planning your victory gardens and figuring out how to run your lives with a little less fossil fuel. If fuel and food prices go up even 10%, I'm sure you're not going to see a corresponding wage increase. I'm liable to see a big decrease this year. Just makes sense to help yourself. I'll see if the Italians have it figured out.

Ciao.

No comments: