Thursday, March 3, 2011

Things Are Looking Up




















Sophia's liable to get a little flash burn if she's not careful.















Handle for the superintendent's chair














Race car chassis.


As Garrison says: It's been a busy week here in Lake WoeIsUs. I finished up the required curriculum maps and started writing and rewriting lesson plans. Probably a good thing - I got evaluated Monday. I'm scheduled for my follow up conference later today. I'm not expecting any problems but just have to wait and see. If they stick to the three year cycle, this should have been my last one, anyway.

Working on the spiral stair - got the pickets welded onto the steps. I've got the gym van in the shop now. A transmission line sprang a leak. If it would have done that a few years back everything wouldn't have rusted so bad. Now I've got flaky rust and oil to contend with. That's a combination not normally encountered. Fixed the handle for the Big Boss's chair. The end snapped off where the "C" clip goes on. The maintenance guy said we could just shorten it up that amount, so I chucked it up in the lathe, rounded the end off and cut a groove in it. The other maintenance man brought his little race car chassis in for some modifications and to see if we could sandblast it for him. Just need to find a little time and it'll be done. And as always, we've got the steady parade of broken desks to trip over.

Finally figured out the deal with my chest. A combination of torn and cramped muscles. I've been going to a massage therapist once a week for the last month and it's really helped loosen things back up. So yesterday I have to break up a fight between two girls in the hallway and while dragging them apart I feel a muscle pull in the old back and the familiar burning sensation in the chest. Damn. Then I go to the masseuse for my scheduled appointment after school and find out she's dragging up. She introduced me to the new therapist and hit the road. The new one did a fine job but there's nothing like your first love. I came out of there after my first session and was actually bruised. Now that's a massage. Good thing this is working, the witch doctor was going to be my next choice.

Beautiful day yesterday, so after getting the back worked over I came home and graded the driveway. Annual rite of Spring along with the Sandhill cranes flying over. The days are getting longer, the chest is getting better and hopefully, I'll be able to get back on the bike soon. Will soon be the season of renewal and new growth. I need it.

3 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

Hey, maybe you finally found the cause of this BS and can get things back together. Hope so.
Spring is coming fer sure.

Traveling Pirate said...

Please tell me you rigged the big boss's chair to fall backwards or shove a pencil into his ass or something!

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Unk: Chest thing is a little sore again today after dealing with the altercation and I just did some maintenance things at the gym tonight instead of working out to give it a rest. Now that I'm sure what it is, I can get it fixed.

Traveling Pirate: That's probably why they just brought me the piece instead of the whole chair. Unless they pass the new law, had my last evaluation. Suggested I start Moodleing and get signed up with the Learning Connection, I think it was. Never even heard of that one. If all I have to do is register, I'm there. I really don't need any more great ideas from outside sources. I just need those in charge to realize that Voc. Ed is a different breed of cat and therefore deal with things in a different way. Be seeing you soon.