Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Business as Usual






Chop Saw Repair















Bookcase






I got rained out on Sunday, so I didn't get the lifting cradle all finished. I don't have too much more to do though. I should be able to get it done in the next couple of days and then I can get the top reunited with the walls. I'll be glad when that's over with. Really looking forward to getting the sheets on the sides so it looks like a barn. It'll be even better when the Missus can park her car in there.

I'm still working on getting things serviceable in the Woodshop. The miter saw had a piece broken on the back fence from someone over tightening the top extension piece. I pulled it back in place and welded it up, then got the saw aligned with the rest of the table so we can make nice, square cuts. We did put together a little bookshelf for me. It's nothing fancy - just something to organize a few of my books and close in the end of my train board. I want to get going on my HO layout one of these days. Now the train board is just a catch-all for junk. Sometimes I wonder how I ever became such a slob.

I've got lots of things I want to make in the Woodshop this year. I need to outfit the upstairs of the barn, of course, but lots of other things as well. I bought a new worm drive saw for the barn job and I want to make a case for it. I'd like to try a little furniture just because. Surly posted that he'd like to design and build some modern design furniture. Maybe we can build a piece of his design. I would like to get better on the wood lathe so in addition to the Indian clubs, I want to try a couple of bowls and some other chuck and face plate work.

Weather is supposed to be good the next few days so I'll work on the barn and enjoy the nice weather while it's here. I'd suggest you try to get outside and enjoy the nice weather too.








No comments: