Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Two of My Favorite Things






Two of my favorite things
















plus Guy LeFleur











We had a two hour delay this morning due to heavy fog so I got up and turned on the TV to see about watching an old black and white movie before heading out. Nothing good on but I noticed that there were several starring Sophia Loren scheduled for the day - thought about calling off. I could finish the lifting cradle and reward myself with a couple of Sofia Loren movies. Cancelled that idea and went to work instead. On my way in I heard that it was Sophia's birthday and Guy LeFleur's as well. My favorite actress and one of my favorite hockey players. She's 77 and he's 60.

I didn't get to see LeFleur play too much for much of his career with the Canadiens. I watched the Blackhawks quite a bit when they were on Channel 9 but when they went to pay-fer, that was it. I did get the Madison Square Garden channel right after I got cable many years back and they had the Rangers' games on. He wasn't what he used to be but he was still one helluva hockey player. Phil Esposito was the coach with the Rangers at that time as well, if memory serves. Another of my all time favorites.

By the way, Surly started a fitness blog to track his new fitness program. I'm assuming it won't be quite like Jack LaLanne but it's good to see him working out. We all should. You can hit the link to see what he's doing and watch the amazing results. You can also rag his ass if he doesn't stay with it.

8 comments:

Surly said...

Man, if I had one of those purple Jack Lalane jumsuits...that would be the shit.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

You keep checking the Salvation Army thrift shop - you'll find one. You just want to make sure you look like Jack in it and not Grandpa Bill.

Surly said...

There's merit in either look.

Anonymous said...

Here ya go, gentlemen:

http://www.myjumpsuit.com/jalaju.html

I personally would like either the Super Dave jumpsuit for my stunts or a Jesus "I am the Jesus" Quintana jumpsuit for when I go bowling with the Dude.

You can find anything on the new-fangled Interweb.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'm thinking the Evel Knievel or the fat Elvis look for me but you can't go wrong with Super Dave, that's for sure.

Traveling Pirate said...

Ironic that you mention "Grandpa Bill" as that was the husband of the real Grandma Marilyn.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Grandpa Bill was my dad, bless his soul. He wore both jumpsuits and leisure suits. I remember him wearing Army surplus coveralls when he was working around the farm when I was young. He looked pretty good in those - he was a good athlete when he was young. However, 30-40 years later the jumpsuit just didn't fit quite the same. But my old man wouldn't have back-pedaled on the retirement like "Grandma Marilyn" did. He would have got up during the meeting, got in his car and never looked back. Pops had a spine.

Surly said...

Kevin, thanks for the link. They have the very style and color of jumpsuit that Grandpa Bill wore. As for Jesus Quintana all I've got to say is "Eight year olds, Dude".