Sunday, October 9, 2011

One Way or the Other







Photo From Here:














Photo From Here:
























The weather has been great this last week. I love this time of year. I'd really like to take off and just go. Nowhere in particular, just take off and know you're there when you get there kind of trip. Any of the above means of transportation would do - bike, bus or vardo - wouldn't really matter. I know I don't have anything to belly ache about. I've been on trips to Virginia, Italy, Oklahoma, and New York this year but I still got the itch. I always do when the weather starts to turn. Like the birds, I guess. I need to finish up the barn and then me and the Missus will maybe do a little road trippin'.

I did manage to get a little work done on the barn this weekend. I got the south wall straitened out - top plates aligned, more screws installed and some hurricane clips installed for added insurance - and that wall has most of the sheeting on it. I also got the trim pieces put up around one of the bay doors. Between the gym, grandkids and some visitors, I didn't spend much time out there but visible progress was made. That's always the best kind. It's nice when you can see you accomplished something.

The sparring matches/fund raiser at the gym went well. We had a nice crowd and some really good bouts. We'll be taking some fighters to the Silver Gloves in December, so we need to get a few dollars in the coffer to pay for the trip. The old Dodge "Shaggin' Wagon" is not the most economical vehicle on the road plus it's an over-nighter. Have to pay for a couple of hotel rooms as well.

My cousin stopped by Saturday morning and dropped off his mom's car for me to check out. It's got some frame rust that needs to be repaired. I need to crawl under that in the next few days to see if I can do anything with it. I didn't really need another project but as long as I've got the car, she's not driving it. I've you live around here, you should thank me.

Busy week ahead but only three days next week. I'll keep plugging away at the barn and enjoying the weather while it lasts. Looks like rain coming in about Tuesday or Wednesday but we could use a little. It won't be too much longer and it'll be snowing. That means I should probably see about fixing the snowblower pretty soon.


3 comments:

Traveling Pirate said...

I realized yesterday that from July, 2010 to July 2011, I'd been to New Orleans, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Colorado, Spain, Morocco, Italy, Vatican City, Gibraltar, England (airport only), and back to Colorado. Can't wait to be unemployed again!

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Me too. I've got a little less than two years. You'll probably have to work for a while before you can drag up and galavant all over the world again.

Traveling Pirate said...

Yeah I'm hoping to not stay at the current job for any longer than 3 years. Less, if possible.

I had also forgotten Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and Michigan on that list along. Sometimes you forget the states you travel through to get to where you're headed.