Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pert Near

Another beautiful day for working on the barn and doing just about any other thing outside except winter sports. I'm almost done with hanging sheets. I need to put the trim on the last fly rafter and then cover about nine feet of wall to call it done. Hooray! The weather should be plenty good enough to get that done tomorrow. I still need to trim out the peak but after looking at it, I think I just wrap the 2x6's that stick out and leave the bottom side open - maybe get a hook and pulley up there like the old hay mows would have had. I'll measure the length tomorrow and figure out what I need to finish trimming out the doors downstairs. I'll get some more aluminum and the brake and bend everything I need at one time.

I picked up some OSB the other day to put the walls up on the inside of the upstairs. Next time some extra hands show up I'll have them give me a hand passing them up. I'm going to make a four foot high wall around the perimeter which will give me a 16 x 32' area for my woodshop/he-man women haters club. It won't take long to get those installed - just put them up against the vertical members of the trusses and screw them in. I bought a new cordless drill that should make the job go pretty fast. It should be here Monday. The old one gave it up about two weeks ago. It was just a cheap one from Harbor Freight and I bought another cheapie to replace it with. I was concerned about spending the money for a good one with the lithium-ion battery because I had heard they didn't work very well in the cold. Since I'm about done with most of the heavy construction on the barn, the new cheapie drill should be good enough. I've been using a corded drill to fasten in the sheets and it's not much of an inconvenience. I have to run the extension cord out there to use the nibbler and it's not like you can travel far while you're on the scaffold.

Still have got plenty to do but it should be closed in tomorrow.

No comments: