Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ramblin'

Photo From Here
A louver press, that's what I need. When I made the little midget thing for the grandson a couple of years ago I could have used one on that project. If I ever pull the rag out and start working on a couple of my car projects, I wouldn't mind throwing a couple of louvers into the mix. I also need a sheet metal brake. We've got a little 24" one at school but a 48" box and pan brake at the shack would be just the ticket. I did get started back up on the wooden boat project today - louvers probably not a good idea there, though. I ordered some screws and the copper rivets to start putting the thing together and did a little fitting on the false stem after school. I need to turn up the jets on that project. I should have the plywood for the bottom scarfed and glued together this week. When the screws come in, I'll be able to see some real progress. We shot the first instructional video today in the Weld Shoppe - setting up the oxy-acetylene torch, lighting and making a cut. We just kind of winged it, no telling how it turned out. We'll be making several more in the future. I want to do one on the TIG welder next. Trolley beam's coming along right smartly - almost done. Next step is to make the column to support it. We've been tearin' it up on the projects.

2 comments:

leroy99 said...

Sounds like you are really making some headway over there and barn is looking good! I got a call from Debbie but my only day not avaliable is Monday so maybe next time talk to you soon. Dave

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Things are a little better this semester. I lost a few in the vocational class, so it's a pretty sharp group now. The woodshop group is still busy making fireplace fodder but it's improving.

Don't worry about not being able to make it on that Monday, there'll be other days.