Monday, January 16, 2012

Wrapped Up


I got the aluminum wrapped around the boards on the peak yesterday. I also installed an eye bolt and a pulley, might be kind of hard to see the pulley in the picture though. In spite of the modern doors, it gives it a little "old-timey" look. I took down most of the scaffolding and I'll take back the stuff from school this morning. I need to see if I can get a piece of treated plywood for the scaffold planks in 7/16". The plywood slips inside an aluminum extrusion and 1/2" is too big. I'd like to fix the planks before I return them as a thank you for letting me borrow them. I'll load up the remaining scaffold section and get that back this week as well.

The cheapie drill did much better with a full charge when I screwed in a few of the sheets of OSB. I need to get  my circular saw out to trim a couple of the sheets before I can finish that job but after finishing up the flashing, taking down the scaffolding and screwing in the sheets, my hands were cold and it was lunch time so I said good enough.

I need to start thinking electricity so I can get a couple of lights in there and get the automatic garage door opener taken care of for the Missus. One outlet and a couple of lights downstairs should be good enough. Upstairs I'll need a couple of lights and enough power to run the saws and jointer. No hurry on that, but I'd like to start on a floor plan of where everything is going to go, so I can get the conduit run to the right spots. We're making a router table at school that's about done and I want to make a table for the miter saw also. I figure I've got about a year and a half before I no longer have access to the school, so it's not a rush. I also know how I am about procrastinating. Might as well stay busy. I'll see about building the deck off the end this spring and pouring a sidewalk. That and the stairs and it's a done deal.

Have a good week.

2 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

Looks good, Bro.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It was a pretty big job for basically one guy doing all the work. I should have the upstairs walls done in a week or so. Just get the stairs and the electric after that.