Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Waitin' for Daylight

Photo from here
I got a chance to see Agostini and get his autograph a few years back at Mid Ohio.  One of the greatest, if not the greatest, road racer until Valentino Rossi came along. 
Can't remember where I saw this one - just looking for an excuse to post it.
Photo from here
Exotic MV Agusta. Still came with the crappy Italian electrical switches though.


Killing a little time on the computer this morning while waiting for the sun to come up and burn the frost off the scaffolding. I finished the north side of the barn yesterday - a little cold out but no wind to speak of. Trim and sheeting all installed and looking pretty good. It's the side I can see from the house so it's nice to see it all done. I've got some cleaning up to do yet before it's a real picturesque scene, but it's the picture of progress. I'll post a real picture later. I need to straighten out the big pile of firewood and move some junk but the first item on the menu is to get the scaffold set up on the south end.

The south end still needs a little repair work and the purlins installed before I can start hanging sheet metal. It's going to take a little work setting up the scaffold due to the ground sloping away from the building but I've got concrete blocks and the 2x10's from the lifting cradle. Like everything else, just a matter of time. The weather looks to be good the next few days so I should be able to get quite a bit done. I've got to go to school Friday but hopefully, I should have most everything finished by next Monday. I hope so. I'm getting too old to be climbing up and down scaffolding and ladders all day and the Building Trades class might need the scaffold platforms back. The building will be closed in and fully functional after that. That's going to make me happy. It'll be back to building a boat and motorcycles after that. Yippy-skippy!



3 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

Coming right along, Chief!
We should do Mid-Ohio again this year, too.

Grumpyunk said...

Oh yeah, forgot to tell ya thanks for posting the drag bike pic. Got any of the 1st prototype?

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'd like to go to Mid-Ohio again. It's been quite a while since I've been to the bike races - still haven't made the Peoria TT either.

I had a photo of the 1st bike at the strip with Steve in the saddle. It wasn't a real good photo - late in the day and cheap camera. I'll see if I can come across it some time.