Monday, March 5, 2012

Cycling Days Are Coming


I got the new elk hide on the handle bars as mentioned in the previous post. Pretty straight forward job. I put the bars in the vise, turned on the radio and sewed them up. There's some sticky tape on the inside of the hide which helps hold it in place while you're sewing. The bars look pretty sexy with the new wrap and the custom end plugs. I need to get some hoods for the brake levers. I've got new white cables that I'll throw on when I put the hoods on. I'm heading towards the bike shop next weekend, I think. They probably won't have any in stock but the guy will order anything I need. Nice little shop with pleasant and helpful people. I took the bike for a little spin after I got it home. I sure don't have the legs I did a couple of years ago but I'm planning on riding to work a couple days a week at least starting real soon. My cardio isn't too bad, so as long as I can get the back/chest under control I'll be riding again. I was talking to my nephew last week and he's doing some cycling now. I'd like to get back into shape and maybe he and I can do a metric century or something together this summer. 

Have a good week.

No comments: