Monday, March 12, 2012

A Few Comments -

on comments.

I got a comment from a Ms. A on my last post - two actually. Ms. A and Mr. B have started the blog Indiana Teacher Project to allow teachers to sound off about some of the negative things we encounter without having to worry about reprisals. It'll be interesting to see how that goes. I've got a few things I'd like to say but I don't care for the idea of anyone making statements anonymously. I know that if I had posted some of the stupid things that went on at my previous employer online, I would have had hell to pay. Believe it or not, I really don't have much to complain about right now. Unless of course you consider the idiot politicians and policy makers that are doing their best to destroy public education by ramming a bunch of reforms down our throats that don't address the real issues. Maybe there is something to anonymous posting after all.

The second of Ms. A's comments allowed me to identified her so I thought it prudent to eliminate that one in light of her mission with the Teacher Project. While taking care of that little detail I came across a few other comments that I hadn't read yet or replied to. I should probably check back a few more posts than what I normally do, it would appear.

Frankie Flood sent me the link to the Tradesman movie. Thanks to him for that. I've watched the first half and was a little disappointed. The plumbers act like some of my knuckleheads on the job and what I was hoping for was a little more of the art that the title alludes to. Someone finally made a movie to tell the story of what craftsman do and it just didn't click with me. I've been trying to put it into words and haven't been able to do that to my satisfaction either.  If you check the Handverker link you can see some of the art side of the trades that Mr. Flood is involved in and if you go back here you'll see a commercial for Danner boots that's more like what I thought the movie should have been.

Chris commented about an old post that had a photo of a cool Honda 50 powered bicycle. I looked back and couldn't find the original posting of the photo either. No help there, I'm afraid.

Sarah commented back in January on the barn project. Thanks for the kind words.

So that's all the comments in regards to the comments. I appreciate everyone reading and commenting.

The Missus and I are celebrating our 41st year of wedded bliss today. You can believe after 40 years of marriage there have been some interesting comments passed between us but we're pushing forward and plan to until death do us part.

Things are greening up and Spring is in the air. Have a good week.

No comments: