Friday, May 4, 2012

Apropos of -------


Nothing. That's all I've got. Nothing. Even though I'm able to get around and do a little something, I'm still stuck at nothing. I cut some grass and planted some of the garden. Read some more, watched some television and went to rehab. If this keeps up it could end up going one of three ways: 

1. I might end up liking sitting around on my arse doing nothing and decide to try it full time.
2. I might get so bored I want to go back to work.
3. I might go fishing.  

OK, fishing it is. I didn't go at all last year because I was busy most of the time with the barn and other things. Granted that's a lousy excuse but that's the best I've got. It's supposed to rain here the next five days on and off but I'm going to get the tackle out and get myself a license. I picked up a copy of the regs the other day at Wally World and it says a Senior license is only three bucks per year. A lifetime is only seventeen. I'm still a couple of years away from the bargain rate but now I've got something worthwhile to look forward to. If I get the lifetime license at sixty five, it'll only be a buck a year if I make it to 82. If I make it to 90, it works out to 68 cents per year. Now we're talking! Of course I'll have to be careful when I'm out there fishing. I'm still restricted to lifting only twenty pounds, so I'll have to let someone else land the big ones.

Have a good weekend. Do something.



2 comments:

Traveling Pirate said...

Let me know if, during your down time, you want to borrow my metal detector and see if you can find anything in the yard or at the beach. I'm sure it weighs less than 15 lbs. We also have a GPS if you're interested in a little geocaching. Dad and I enjoyed doing that when we were in Colorado and I know there are lots of caches around here. http://www.geocaching.com/

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'm sure there would be plenty of stuff to dig up around here between the old farm and the railroad but right now I'm going to take it easy. I over did it a little last weekend. Didn't pick up anything heavy but made a few trips up and down the stairs and was on my feet for quite a bit. I think it might be wise to stick to getting the garden in and doing my walks. Thanks for the offer though.