Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Project Time

HD Rapido
Torchmate set up and ready to go
I managed to sneak into school over the weekend to check out the new water table for the CNC plasma cutter that finally arrived. My replacement finished the installation and even got a few parts cut - quick learner, that boy. 

Surly came down for Mother's Day and, in addition to helping plant some flowers and a tree for the Missus, he did a little muscle work for me as well. That included moving the Rapido to a spot where I can work on it. The first order of business will be to blow about 15 years worth of dust off it and then see what needs to be done. 

My mental health needs a project. Even though the rehab is keeping my physical strength up, mentally, I need something to focus on. One of the points made in the stress reduction video I watched in rehab was to live in the  present rather than the past or the future. That's kind of tough for a guy like me who is always thinking two jobs ahead. It's even tougher now to turn off the voices in the head when there is nothing to focus on. A little project should be just the thing. Do a little work in the morning and evening when the temperature's nice, do my walkies and then I can nap/read the remainder of the day. I might even have something decent to write about on the blog that way. 

No comments: