Thursday, May 10, 2012

New Addition

We've got a new addition to the clan. My nephew and his sweetie had a bouncing baby boy yesterday. Welcome to the family Brenden.

Besides the new addition, I attended the retirement seminar put on by the Teacher's Retirement Fund. That made two good things that happened yesterday. I had a pretty good handle on the retirement thing before hand, having attended one of these on a prior occasion, but now that I'm knocking on retirement's door I was able to get some exact dollar amounts. I also learned that you need 60 days to qualify for a half year of service. If I go back, I'd only have to work until about Thanksgiving to get another half year instead of working until the end of the semester. There's  a bright spot to keep in mind. I still need to see what the outcome of the stress test is going to be, however, before making a decision.

The Ag teacher hooked me up with a few tomato plants yesterday, so there's another good thing that happened. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today so maybe I can get those stuck in the ground. Do that, cut the back yard and go for a walk will make a pretty full day for me. Sure doesn't seem like much but it doesn't take much to over do things. It's not easy putting the brakes on when you've been running close to full throttle for a long time. I'm learning though. I'd better if I'm planning on collecting much of that pension.

Have a good day.


No comments: