Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Fair Lady

Actually, it's my sister-in-law's Fair Lady.

Surly was kind enough to ferry me down to see my brother yesterday and while there we loaded up my sister-in-law's bicycle and brought it home. She had asked Surly about fixing it up but since he's limited in free time and I have plenty, I'll see about getting it road worthy for her. A cursory glance revealed it needs a new cable for the three speed shifter, brake pads and tires. That, some polishing of the shiny bits, and the Schwinn Fair Lady should be cruising the backroads of Southern Indiana real soon. I'll scope it out a little closer and then make a parts run. There's a little bike shop not too far away that has lots of oddball parts in stock and if they don't have it, they're more than willing to order it. They gave me lots of help when we were doing the high mileage car - really nice people to do business with.




No comments: