Sunday, December 16, 2012

Guzzi Day

Photo From Here
That's the stuff right there. Good looking Guzzi. Nice and clean. Not sure why but I really like the paint job. Everything is at it should be, I guess.

Photo From Here
Nothing wrong with this one either. It does have the little high intensity headlight peeking through the fairing in the front. Not exactly the classic look but plenty of room to paint a number on the front that way.


This one is taken from the Guzzi LeMans II blog. Only problem being the blog is in French. Appears to be a documentation of a rebuild. Check it out if you want to see what makes these things tick.


The photo's from here but if you want to find it you'll have to dig way back. This one has been languishing in the Shop Teacher Bob archives for quite a while. That pipe is something to be admired.

Photo From Here
Here's the added touch of some fine German engineering. This one's been fitted with a blower. That's something you don't see every day, Chauncey. I'd like to ride this one. Gotta be a blast.

So there you have some nice shots of an Italian motorcycle marque you rarely ever see in the States. That may change in the future with the change in ownership of the company. It's going to be tough establishing a dealer network to sell fairly expensive motorcycles that are under powered by Japanese standards. They've got a couple of new models coming out but I haven't seen an in depth road test on any of them yet. I still want one, regardless. 

In the meantime, I'm on vacation for a month - like a real retired guy! Planning on getting some things done, maybe do a little traveling, a little relaxing, catch up on some reading. 

Vacation didn't start out too well on Friday with the terrible news of the school shooting. I already had this post written up before hearing the news. Obviously all the Moto Guzzi's in the world mean nothing compared to the lives of those little children. All I could think of when I heard the news was the grandson's Christmas program at his school the Missus and I attended just two days prior to that. Same age group. I'm sure the same beautiful faces full of hope and promise. I can't imagine how anyone could do that to those innocent little ones. My heart goes out to all the family and the first responders. I can't imagine the pain those people are experiencing and will continue to experience in the future. What a terrible, terrible tragedy.

Remember the reason for the season and hold your loved ones close. 




No comments: