Monday, December 24, 2012

Time to Rejoice


Merry Christmas Everyone

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. 

If you tuned in yesterday, you noticed I had to cut short the post. Seems my satellite link wasn't working properly.  If I was able to log on at all, it would drop out after a couple of minutes, hence the reason for the photo of a stack of pancakes rather than a seasonal photo of some sort. All seems to be in order in cyberspace this morning, though.

I had this photo already cued up for a post of an entirely different sort but went with it in order to at least get the Christmas wishes out to everyone. But in this season of giving thanks, gathering together with our loved ones while remembering those who are absent, and, of course, the exchange of gifts, a big stack of vegan pancakes has taken on a much more significant meaning for me this year. I've made some big changes in my lifestyle this past year and I seem to be enjoying the Christmas holiday much more than I have in quite a few years. Most probably, this is a result of less stress and more free time, therefore enabling a more thoughtful approach to the true meaning of the holiday. 

If you've ever seen the movie Harvey, starring Jimmy Stewart, he recalls the advice his mother gave him:

"Elwood she said, she always called me Elwood. If you want to get ahead in this world, you have to be either oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. For years I was smart, I recommend pleasant."

With everything that has gone on this year, it seems as if we're all suffering to one extent or another a "death from a thousand cuts" to our psyches. So at this the Holiest time of year, I too, like Elwood, recommend and wish you pleasant.


No comments: