Monday, August 5, 2013

Just Another Day in Paradise

I found this at Hot Rodz & Pin Ups. It's not the type of thing I normally think of when I think hot rods but I dig it.


This one came from the same place. If I'm not mistaken this was a Frank Kurtis creation. Not only did Kurtis build midget/sprint/Indy cars, he also built a few customs. 

If you want to see some good looking hot rods and motorcycles (and some nice pin-ups), check out Hod Rodz & Pin Ups. Both of these photos are atypical of what you'll find there but are the kind of thing that I prefer.

Spent the beautiful weekend outside mostly. When you have a "country estate", it requires some regular groundskeeping. The weeds and scrub trees are constantly trying to take over so it requires a combination of weed whacking. spraying, chopping, pulling and burning to take back what is rightfully mine. Actually that would be ours but since I'm the one who did all of the heavy lifting on this job and I'm telling the story, it's mine. At least now the ownership is just the Missus and I with no bank involved. We got the official paper work from the bank the other day. No more house payments! That feels good. And on this beautiful, cool summer morning, the place looks a little better as well. Unfortunately, with the weeds knocked down, the focus is back on the shack and the need for painting. 

I've got a little vacation now before the fall semester starts. I'm not making any plans, just going to play it by ear and see what gets done. Usually the weather this time of year is hot and dry. Not the case lately - cool temps and rain pretty much on a regular basis. That means I'm still cutting grass every few days, but a small concession for these idyllic conditions. Looks like more of the same for this week again. In fact as soon as the dew is off the grass, I'm heading out to mow and then get a little run in before the rain comes in this afternoon.

Have a good week.

No comments: