Monday, February 17, 2014

Project Staircase


Here's a photo as promised of the spiral staircase the boys at the high school are making. It's gone together rather quickly up to this point. Really not much to making one except for bending the handrail and in this case, even that's not going to be an issue because it's going to have a rope handrail. There will be a short section of pipe welded to the top of the balusters and a rope will be threaded through from top to bottom. Neato - mosquito, I'd have to say. Dave said he'll send a couple more shots along as they finish it up. I probably ought to just plan on stopping by and checking it out in person. He told me the lady from the newspaper will be stopping by this week, so he'll be getting some positive press for the program and his crew besides here.

4 comments:

leroy99 said...

Thanks for the kind words and the publicity! The pictures came out pretty good for a phone camera too! Thanks DH

Hershman said...

Wish I had a location at my place here to warrant one as a project... maybe in my bank barn? Looks great! Glad to see good stuff still happening at the shop.
When this weather clears a bit and am out around the area I will try to stop by with the 49 hudson. I ought to size up how your neat teardrop looks behind the car. I am planning on a build here in the near future.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Leroy99: No problem, glad to do it. Keep the pictures coming and I'll keep posting.

Hershman: The trailer would look just right behind your car - the plans were from 1947. Do stop by. It'd be great to check out the car and get caught up on what's been going on.

Anonymous said...

Will do if this winter ever decides to give it a break! I actually have the original magazine with that article from the Mechanix Illustrated September 1947. Found it on ebay for a couple bucks. I will try to give you a heads up when I can make it out. Lately, the cold keeps a hostler busy keeping his Locomotives running!