Monday, February 10, 2014

Winter in Wisconsin

Not really but it seems like it. We got about three more inches of snow Saturday afternoon and later that evening. Not really a bad thing, just more of it. 

Sums it up nicely

If we would have winters like this all the time, I think I'd build me a sidecar rig to throw around on the snow packed roads. Motorcycles with sidehacks used to be the fastest way to get around on the snow before the coming of the snowmobiles. Nice thing about a motorcycle rig is that it's street legal and a snowmobile isn't. If I ever get the 900 running, maybe make up something real simple to bolt on. Have to be a lot of fun.


I had to weld up the tractor seat the other day. Lots of spider cracks on the old dog but after 60 years, you're going to have some of that. I need to just replace the round section of the seat bottom with something a little heavier - be a good job for the springtime. It's nice that I can post something that I actually welded before this turned completely into a travel and cooking blog. 


No comments: