Friday, May 9, 2014

Welding Projects


I've been making a skid/platform to hang off the back of my tractor to haul my welder around with. It's made from 4" angle from a table they cut up at the college. I still need to cut the holes for the three point hitch pins on the bottom and the brackets for the top but it'll be done right soon. The power went out again about a week ago - only for about an hour - but long enough to remind me that the project needs to be finished. The Missus has trouble breathing when it's hot and humid, so now that the weather's warming up, I want to make sure I've got back up power to at least run a window air conditioner for her. One of these days I need to wire in a transfer switch also. Then I can just back the tractor up close to the house, plug the welder in, flip a switch and run the furnace or AC, well pump, etc., without a bunch of monkey business.


Here's a photo of the Battle Chute the Weld Shoppe boys made for the high school football team. I'm not exactly sure how the thing is supposed to work, but it looks good anyway.



Here's the crew responsible. I had a few of them in class before I retired, a couple of them in the boxing gym, and at least one of them in both. Fine young men. 



3 comments:

Nova Run said...

You still at it Chief. Good to see you are putting your welding skills to good use.

c/o 1993 DelaGarza

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'm sorry I don't recognize you from your user name but always good to hear from guys from the past. Hard to believe I've been out of there 20 years now.

I am in fact still at it. Always putting something together for someone. When you pick up something you love, it's hard to put it down.

Nova Run said...

Chief, Jose Magallanes, you always said that as long as you were around I would always be #2. Thanks for the memories and the skills you taught me.