Sunday, April 24, 2016

Tax Freedom Day

Photo From Here

Today is national tax freedom day - the day we all start working for ourselves instead of the government. Here in Indiana it was a little better, occurring coincidentally on the 18th, the day when both state and federal taxes were due. Seems every year it grows by a day or so, however. There's been a lot of talk lately by a couple of the Presidential candidates about income inequality - strikes me as a little less than genuine coming from someone who makes $250,000.00 per speech, as does one of the candidates, but no-one seems to be too interested in taking less money from all of us working stiffs. I don't know about you, but I'd be much better off if the various taxing agencies only took a fourth of my money rather than a third. I really don't care how much money the very wealthy have. Good for them. Just quit diggin' so deep in my pocket.




2 comments:

Traveling Pirate said...

I'm wondering if Tax Freedom Day is different for the ladies since we work until the following April to make what the men folk made the previous year.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Even if the ladies make 30% less than the men, the various taxing agencies show equality by taking the same percentage of their checks as they do the men. Just can't win, can you?