Saturday, January 7, 2017

15 Year Pin


I renewed my boxing license a couple of weeks ago and shortly thereafter received this in the mail - 15 year service pin from USA Boxing. I don't know if this is something new for them. I never received a 10 year pin, but regardless, it's a nice touch. They also have online clinics now. In order to renew your license you need to attend a clinic every two years. In the past that would require me to travel to Indy. Now everything can be done online. Since there have been some rule changes, I was a little concerned about taking the required exam but after reading through the material and watching two short videos, I passed with flying colors. Since I've obviously been around the sport for a while, I probably shouldn't have been too apprehensive but I would've felt like a real dumb ass if I had failed the test.

I don't know how much longer I'm going to be involved with the sport. I cut back when the wife got sick but then jumped back in when Jimmy got hurt. I need to exercise for my own health's sake and there's no better place to work out than at a boxing gym. I know Jimmy appreciates my help but he also understands my situation. Probably my best option is to go in when I can, help out when needed and not give it another thought until next year when I need to decide if I want to renew my license again.

No comments: