Tuesday, May 9, 2017

National Teacher's Day


Today's National Teacher's Day. I had some really good ones as a student and I worked along side many a good one - ran across a few turds as well - but every profession has a few of those. I know first hand the role we teachers and coaches can play in the lives of those we teach/coach and it's a tremendous responsibility but also a tremendous opportunity. In spite of all the damage that has been done by the politicians in the last few years, teaching is still a very rewarding career and one that I still enjoy after over forty years in the profession. 

Thanks to all my teachers and coaches I've had over the years. I'll share all my successes with you and take the blame for all my failings - after all, you're teachers, not miracle workers. To the rest of you teachers and coaches out there, keep up the good work and thanks for all you do.

No comments: