Sunday, May 21, 2017

Sunday Morning Coming Down



I looked into the details of the Nicky Hayden accident and it appears he's in very critical condition with multiple fractures as well as a serious head injury. From what I read he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle in Italy. Hayden has had a very successful racing career and been very popular with the fans, me included. Let's hope for the best.

While watching the flat track race last night, they mentioned the AMA Class of '79 and the charity they set up to help injured riders. I heard about this last year when Surly and I attended the race in Peoria. They've raised quite a bit of money so far but when it comes to the types of traumatic injuries motorcycle riders sustain and the resultant medical expenses, there's always going to be a need for a bit more money. You can make a tax deductible donation here.

Looks like today is going to be much nicer. The sun's out now and it's mid 60's. We must have gotten several inches of rain yesterday and from all reports, there was a tornado sighted not too far south of me. As soon as it dries up enough I need to clean up and mow the dog's "poop park". I've come to the conclusion what with taking care of the dog, cats and chickens, and of course the recent dealings with the raccoons, I spend way too much time dealing with poop. Spending Sunday afternoon on the business end of the pooper scooper and the old reel mower is a good way to keep me humble, I guess. Like the old joke about the guy cleaning out the elephant pen at the circus when asked why he didn't get a better job and replied "What? And leave show business?"

Have a good week and be safe out there.

No comments: