Monday, June 11, 2018

Bicycle Rack


Bike rack modified, painted and ready to install.


Finished product. You have to look close to even tell that it's in there but there's nothing wrong with that. My touring bike won't fit on the rack with the pannier racks on the fork, so I need to get the "racing" bike out if I'm going to be taking the bikes anywhere like I did the other day. Wouldn't hurt to ride that one a bit anyway. I might enter that bike race I've done a couple of times in the past again this year. I should be in pretty good shape after the Cowboy Trail and I'll have a few weeks to do some "speed" work. The race is eight or nine miles in  length. It'd be nice if I could do about a 19 mph pace. A few years ago I averaged about 21. Two years ago I started out at about 19 but faded about a mile from the end. If I had remembered the course better and knew I was that close to the end I could have pushed myself a bit more but it wouldn't have made any difference in the placings. Mostly it's like the 5Ks I do - a reason to exercise, have some fun and add to the Tee shirt collection.

Anyway, the bike rack is finished and it's on to other things. I need to do a bit of cleaning out in the shop first. Get everything tidied up and then tackle the 900, make a couple of little things on the Sprint project and start making some sidecovers for the BSA.

1 comment:

COR Surf said...


Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us, it is really helpful article!
paddle board cart