Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Shop Teacher Bob's Latest Adventure


 Our bike trip on the Cowboy Trail will be starting in Norfolk, Nebraska. We'll get shuttled to Valentine and then start the 200 mile ride back to Norfolk. We're looking at four days on the trail plus a couple of days out and back. The weather looks dry but hot. As long as we travel at an easy pace and stay hydrated, should be OK. I've got a fresh tube of SPF 50 sunscreen. Depending on how things work out we might stop at the Museum of American Speed on the return trip. It's not too far out of the way but it'll depend on the timing of things more than anything else.

I weighed my duffle bag after packing and it was only 19 pounds. Since that's all the weight I'll have in the trailer, I put my self-inflating mattress back in and took the little pad I use for back packing out. All told with my food, cooking gear and clothing I've got right at 30 pounds total for the trailer and the panniers. That's about as low as I can comfortably go. I've got some additional weight in my saddle bag with tools, first aid kit and spare tube and patch kit but those are a necessity.

Happy Trails, Y'all!

No comments: