Saturday, June 9, 2018

New Truck



Goodbye Veloster, hello F150. I'm going to miss the little car. It was a fun little thing to drive.

I picked up the new truck yesterday. Think it'll be something I can live with for a while. In fact, might be the last new four wheeled vehicle I ever buy. I got 15 years out of the old Dodge. If I get 15 years out of this one, I'll be in my eighties if I live that long.

I loaded up my saddle pal and our bikes in the back of it and went a couple of towns over to ride the trail as my first outing. It sure rides and drives a lot nicer than the Dodge. The new one is a 2016 but it only had 4400 miles on it when I got it. The dealer said an old guy bought it but then found out his wife couldn't get in it with her bad hip, so he traded it in on something that sat lower. I'm going to have a similar problem with the Missus, so I need to get a step or some running boards to make it easier for her to get in and out as well. Seems like most of our trips together are trips to medical facilities and we always take her car anyway. I did a little online search and found some tubular chrome running boards that should do the trick and will dress the truck up at the same time.

I modified the bike rack that was in the Dodge to fit the Ford already. I need to take it back out, clean it up and then prime and paint it. I'll get that done in the next couple of days and then I'll be about set. The new rig doesn't have the provision for satellite radio. I'll have to see what I want to do about that - cancel the service or get a plug in tuner for it. I like the satellite radio both for the selection of music that's available but also because it's commercial free. Actually that's probably the biggest part of it. I did figure out how to program the presets on the radio already so I've got the radio dialed in at least.

I'll get the bike rack finished up and then back on the other projects.

No comments: