Monday, August 20, 2018

English Trials Bike


Saw this one on the Villiers Engine group on Facebook. This is the look I'm shooting for with mine. I was figuring I'd have to get a seat made up but I might be able to find something like the one pictured here off the shelf. Everything else has pretty much fallen into place now that I've got the aluminum fenders.

I finished packing for my trip after I drilled the rivets out to take the wheels and handle off. The first one was a little tricky but after I saw what I was up against, no problem-o! I put some 8-32 screws thru the holes to maintain the integrity of the suitcase and there I was - good to go. I'll save the wheels and handle to put back on after I get home.

I had a couple of more lag bolts to put in the barn veranda that I couldn't get at on Saturday. I jacked the assembly up a bit to get clearance for a drill under it and finished bolting that up. I'll see about standing it up after I get back from Alaska.

School starts at the college this week. I'm going to work one day and then call off until after Labor Day. Ordinarily I'd be ashamed of myself for something like that but the trip was already arranged before I got the call to come back to work. I'm starting to get nervous about the trip - a good nervous but nervous just the same. I've got a couple days yet to check and double check my gear as well as getting a few more things done around the shack before I go. Should be a great experience.

No comments: