Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Well, Well, Batman!


I picked up the rest of  the blocks to finish up the well project yesterday. The Missus suggested putting a bucket over the actual well and then fill the brickwork with dirt and make it a flower bed. That was pretty much where I was headed with this thing, so I'm glad we're in agreement there. I need to get the rest of the dirt around the well cleaned up and leveled off and plant some grass seed to repair the yard and then that'll be taken care of.

The big tall tree in the background is the willow that had the branch break off the other day. I had gotten most of the clean up taken care of with my little electric chainsaw but I still had a piece that was connected but broken about 20 feet up. Cuzzin Ricky brought over a "chainsaw on a stick" that allowed me to drop the remaining limb and trim up a couple other trees in the yard while I had it here.

I went to see the travel agent yesterday to finalize the details of the Alaska trip. Starting to get excited about that. Rick and I were talking about a couple other trips in the future as well. I talked to my boss while I was out running errands and told him if he wants me to teach a couple more classes he might have to find me a sub for a couple of days. He said no problem - he's just real happy I'm coming back. He wants me to teach the Fab class this spring semester, so I posed the idea of building a trailer in the class along with a few other things like I did last time. He's good with that as well. That's one of the reasons I like working there - everything's always so easy. No BS, lots of freedom to teach the class as I see fit.

And last but not least, I was awoken by a bat buzzing around the bedroom about 2:30 Monday night. I was just thinking the other day it was about time for one to show up. We seem to get one in the house every couple of years. I have no idea how they get in. Maybe fly through the door while we're letting the dog in or out. You'd think we'd notice a bat buzzing by one of us but I don't know. I've pretty well perfected the process of getting them back out of the house but I don't like them buzzing by me in the middle of the night. Maybe I watched too many Dracula movies when I was a kid but they're way too spooky for me.

No comments: