Thursday, January 9, 2020

Bike Carrier +



I got some paint on the bike carrier. I need to finish the two pieces of angle that bolt to the ends and it'll be done. The angles will have a slot or a hook to fasten the tie-downs to as well as a marker light on the side. Along with the two lights on the rear it should be well lit. I'll probably get some reflective tape and put on the back and sides as well since the bike will partially cover the truck taillights. I've got some work to do for the side hustle today but I want to get the angles made up also. It was cold here yesterday so I stayed out of the shop. It's supposed to warm up today and tomorrow, so I should have everything painted and wired by the weekend.


I've started doing some clean-up in the basement and needed some shelf space, so I made this unit. The sides and shelves are made from particle board. I used a 2x2 in the corners to screw everything together since particle board is not real fastener friendly. A 1x3 on the back keeps it from racking out of shape. It's nothing fancy but we've got some boxes that need a place. The idea is to get everything sorted and organized and then start the process of downsizing or at least make it easier when it's time to sell the farm and move into town or "the home".

I'm not sure what's up next on the to-do list. I need to do some work on the inside of the shack and I need to get back on the Rapido job. I've got some other half finished things that it would be nice to have done. I need to do a little planning on the garden one of these days. I only had peppers and tomatoes last year but I'd like to do a bit more this year. I've gotten a few seed catalogs already. Need to spend a few minutes and get a plan together so I can get some things started.

No comments: