Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Music to Soothe the Savage Beast




Not much to report these last few days so here's some music for you. Great musicians that I'd never heard of before until I stumbled across them the other day here. I got a chuckle out of their dress - a couple of them look like Cuzzin Ricky and I when we're just hanging out. They were filmed playing in New Orleans. I missed a chance to go down there again. Amtrak had a twofer going but I didn't find out about it until it was too late to book the trip. I am kicking around a couple of travel plans for the year, though. I definitely see some sprint and champ dirt cars in my future.

In the meantime,  I worked on a few things for the side hustle and finished up the last two pieces for the motorcycle carrier - still need to be painted, however. Got the new shelf in the basement full and tossed a few things out while I was organizing. Still got a long way to go on that job but it's a start.

I replaced the broken spokes, trued and repacked the bearings on the wheel for the railbike. I was going to shine up the rim last night but forgot to bring in the steel wool. I'll get it shined up and then get the new tire and tube installed so I can put that one in the finished column. I still have to make some kind of gizmo to raise the guide for the front of the bike when I encounter a switch but that's way down on the list. It would be nice to finish it up and then get the bike painted. I imagine the tracks that run by my house are going to be abandoned in a couple of years when the power plant shuts down. Might be prime railbiking territory until I get run off or arrested.


Postmodern Jukebox with The Sole Sisters. I'm a big fan of tap dancing and these two girls are dynamite. Postmodern Jukebox sure ain't bad either. I did just a wee bit of tap at the high school. I'd like to get some instruction to get better at it. It would be a nice supplement to the exercise I get at the boxing gym. I'm sure there has to be something on You Tube if I was to look into it. Looks like the cold weather is finally going to be here this weekend. Might be a good time to dust off the old tap shoes.

No comments: