Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Parts, Parts and More Parts



Lots of parts. Most of them for the side hustle but a couple of them for me. The day time temps have been right around freezing lately, so I've been going out every afternoon to the shop and working a couple of hours. Being the cheapskate I am, I'm not all that crazy about running the heater but if I don't I'll never make any progress. Since I'm working on company jobs, I can pad my hours a little to pay for the heat and tool usage, I suppose.

The parts are resting on the grating I got the other day. I welded the three sections together and they are sitting on the new horses. This should be pretty handy for using with the new plasma and some welding jobs as well. I need to move a motorcycle project out of the way and do a general clean-up before I do much in the way of plasma cutting, however. It'll be more than a little counter-productive to burn the shop down. As soon as I run the wiring for the motorcycle carrier I can move that out. I need to pick up a couple of wire connectors and then I should have everything I need to finish that up. Depending on the weather and how much work I bring home, I should have that completed over the weekend and then I can get the Himalayan to the dealer for servicing. The Speedway Museum has a new exhibit going on I'd like to see. They brought some stuff up out of the basement for display that's not normally on view. Cuzzin Ricky and I can check that out and get a bite of lunch while the bike's being worked on.


No comments: