Friday, January 17, 2020

Photogenic Insides

I had an aneurism screening yesterday. When I saw the cardiologist about a month ago he recommend me having the test. I was a little alarmed when he first mentioned the word aneurism but he said the screening is recommended for anyone over the age of 65 who has had a cardiac event and smoked more than 100 cigarettes. I smoked a bit way back about 45 years ago but I've also inhaled quite a bit of welding smoke over the years along with plenty of second-hand smoke. I doubt the test will show anything but it's painless, I've got Medicare and it's probably a good idea to listen to the guy who saved your life. And the young lady who was rubbing my tummy with the ultrasound wand while administering the test said I've got photogenic insides, so I've got that going for me regardless of the outcome of the test.

I went out to breakfast after my test with my cycling buddy who broke his neck a couple months back. He's been sporting his neck brace since then and he still can't drive or do much of anything so I figured he'd like to get out of the house. He invited me to check out his new welding machine after we got done with breakfast, so I took a helmet and some aluminum along and played with the machine a bit. He'd only done steel with it prior to his accident but I wanted to see how it did on aluminum. The machine has a lot of adjustability and features for a machine in this price range. I played with all the buttons and was able to lay down some nice beads.


Everlast 185. The machine comes with everything you need to TIG weld except tungsten and a bottle of argon. This model will run on either 110 or 220 and is small enough to be portable. It will also stick weld with the included electrode holder. Nice little machine with a 5 year warranty for less than $1,000.

No comments: