Friday, January 3, 2020

Made Like A Gun



I got a late Christmas gift - Enfield tee shirt from the Missus. The new Royal Enfield logo is a stylized RE. It's not bad looking but I wanted the old logo for a tee shirt. Royal Enfield has a catalog with a lot of swag available now - the dealer in Indy didn't have anything last time I was there. When I take the bike down for the 500 mile service, I'll see what, if anything, he has now. I'd like to get a coffee cup. Like tee shirts, I need another coffee cup like a hole in the head but this isn't about need.


I picked up the Harbor Freight welder cart on Monday - bolted it together yesterday. The top shelf is a bit shorter than the plasma cutter but I new that going in. However, for $29.99 it was worth not having to make a cart. I cut a piece of 1x10 to set the plasma on. When I get everything hooked up I'll get a couple of straps to hold it down so it won't fall off but will be easy to remove if I need to take it outside or on the road.


I bought a dryer/filter for the air line. Of course it didn't come with a mounting bracket - that's the aluminum angle in the photo. I got lucky and actually had some metric screws that were the right size to fasten the bracket to the dryer. I'm going to fasten the spool onto the side of the cart to hold the torch instead of the little hook that came with it. I need to pick up some air hose and a barbed fitting to connect the dryer to the plasma but other than that, I'm pretty much set to start cutting.

No comments: