Saturday, January 6, 2024

Nothing Much Going On


I've been puttering around the last couple of days at the pro level. No point going into it any deeper because what I've been doing is just like the definition above - no one notices anyway.

I keep an exercise record on a calendar at the house. Before tossing out the calendar for 2023, I added up my totals. 385 miles on the bicycle, 56 miles walking/hiking, and 6-5K events. I don't keep track of my days at the gym, but they would have been down, as were the other events due to the frozen shoulder and infected toe. I thought I would have more than 56 miles of walking and hiking. Most all of those were with a group. If I had actually trained for the 5K events, there would have been a lot more mileage. I just showed up for all of those and my performance reflected that.

Coach Jen sent me info about a 20 mile hike in 8 hours at a state park in Indiana. I camped at that park way back when and it's a nice place but it's down by Cincinnati. With the hour time difference (thanks Mitch), we'd have to leave at 3:00 AM or maybe a little earlier to get there or get a hotel room the night before the event. I don't think Jen would be willing to camp and I'm sure my wife wouldn't want us to share a room. Might have to let that one go.

I do want to do some more hiking and if I'm going to do anymore 5K events, I need to train for them. My times now are about 45 minutes, they used to be more like 33 minutes. I don't need to try to get down to that pace again, but 40 minutes would be do-able. I really don't need to be competitive at anything anymore, I just need to stay fit.  

1 comment:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

I was puttering around so much yesterday I didn't feel like doing the main chores I was set out to do.
it's like when you make a pot of coffee but first wind up clean the entire coffee maker in the sink for 15 minutes first. then to tired to do the chores.