Monday, March 6, 2023

America Needs You, Harry Truman

 


Now more than ever. I'm thinking this is going to be my theme song for the year. Every time I turn around there's more bad news with more on the horizon. And it's tax time, which never helps my disposition. 

On a positive note, the workout with the boxers went well yesterday, and least with those who showed up. Looks like I'll be going to the first night of the Gloves. Jimmy can't make it, so I'll be manning the spit bucket once again. We've got two guys fighting that night. I don't know much about one of them, but we've been working quite a bit with the other and he's shown a lot of improvement. However, this will be only his second fight, so nerves will play a big role.

Fast approaching the 52nd wedding anniversary for the Missus and I. This is from a quote I posted in 2011:
Don't you know that love isn't just going to bed? Love isn't an act, it's a whole life. It's staying with her now because she needs you; it's knowing you and she will still care about each other when sex and daydreams, fights and futures -- when all that's on the shelf and done with. Love -- why, I'll tell you what love is: it's you at seventy-five and her at seventy-one, each of you listening for the other's step in the next room, each afraid that a sudden silence, a sudden cry, could mean a lifetime's talk is over.

And that's about the truth of it, especially with some of the medical issues we've dealt with and the cooties scare of the last couple of years. Things are going pretty well currently, however. Have to expect a few bumps in the road during 52 years together. We're both looking forward to our upcoming get away. It won't be Hawaii, but should be fun.

No comments: