Saturday, March 18, 2023

McNamara's Band


I should have played this one yesterday. It would have been better to finish the post on a happy note rather than bitchin' about the government. There'll be plenty of time for that the rest of the year.

On my way to Detroit today. We'll find out tomorrow what the schedule will be for the bouts. There are about 30 fighters in his division, so it's going to be a busy week as long as he keeps winning. Coach Jen talked to several of the other Indiana coaches at the Gloves on Thursday night and they all agree he deserves to be in the tournament. If I didn't think so myself, I wouldn't have offered to take him up there. It would have been nice to have Coach Jen along to help out in the corner, but it's not like I can't work it alone. By default, I've ended up being her mentor. I'd like to see her get some more experience, especially at the bigger events. I imagine she's going to be involved in the game for quite a while yet, while I don't know how much longer I'm going to want to travel for a week at a time, unless it's to visit my brothers or another trip overseas. 

Posting will be hit or miss this coming week. I'm not taking my laptop and I haven't figured out how to make a blog post using my phone. In all the years I've been doing this, I've always managed to post at least twice a week. This might break the streak.

 

No comments: