Thursday, March 2, 2023

Windows


The window guys showed up yesterday. Three guys on the crew, knew what they were doing and kept their feet moving. Real happy with the results. Should help quite a bit with the energy costs, on top of looking a lot better. In the small world department, one of the installers had taken classes at the community college where I used to work. He was in the CNC class with me where we made the Kawasaki exhaust flanges I conned the instructor into making as a student project.

Surly sent me a short clip about the "Iron Grandpa". Right up my alley. Remember the Satchel Paige quote: "If someone asked you how old you were and you didn't know your age, how old would you think you were?


2 comments:

Surly said...

25 or 70, depending

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I noticed quite a few changes occurring about the time I hit 65 - muscle loss, collagen loss in the skin and getting fatigued quicker. However, now I operate on the Popeye philosophy of "I am what I am, and that's all that I am." While you can't stop the march of time, Satchel was right up to a point: Age is nothing but a number.

Diet and exercise are the real fountain of youth.