Thursday, March 30, 2023

Back In The Saddle

 



I swapped a Pennsy whistle marker for a Monon lantern with a guy I worked with at the side hustle when I was there. I've got a few others as well that are hanging from brackets in the corners of the "man cave". This is the first part of the bracket I made yesterday to hang the lantern. The design will match the others that are there already. The grandson is supposed to come down today to do some more welding. If I can get him working on his own, I'll try to get the other part made.


I got the layout on the manifold plate and then drilled the holes for the carb studs and made a relief cut along the edge for the throttle arm. I'm not sure what thread pitch the studs are, so I used a tap drill for fine threads. I can always drill the holes out larger if need be. Next step is to bore the two large holes. These get bored at an angle of 20 degrees to blend in with the original hole in the manifold. Maybe get that done on Friday, get the studs and round the corners off and the manifold project should be close to wrapped up. 

Another trip to Indy tonight. The boxer I took to Detroit is fighting - looking to repeat as state champion. Hope it happens.

No comments: