Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Night School

My return to the classroom went rather well last evening. There were a couple of no-shows, and one guy who gave off a serious vibe as a slug, and one guy who's deaf and came in with an interpreter - who's a real crackerjack by the way. I covered all the intro stuff, then got down to the business at hand. I covered a lot of material quickly and then gave them time to pull the first module up on the computer. Some stayed, some left, but they all should be able to deal with the assignments on the computer at home now. 

I met the instructor for the class the grandson is taking. Seems like a nice guy, but I would expect nothing less. The weld shop has an excellent faculty, without exception. I hope the grandson flowers in the program. Like many of the students I had when teaching high school, he and school didn't get along all that well. But also like a lot of my high school students, they take to the trades like a duck to water. He likes welding, so he should be successful. 

No comments: