Thursday, January 25, 2024

Prep Time Again

 


If I move to Montana, I'm not going to grow a crop of dental floss, but I am going to learn how to yodel.


Updating my preps a little - three butane lighters for ten bucks. Push the little button on the side part-way down and the cap pops open, then click it and it ignites. Nice powerful flame that's adjustable for intensity which should provide an additional fire-starting source to the box of little waterproof matches I carry in my bug-out bag. While I was at it, I swapped out the protein and granola bars, along with fresh meds. 

The small backpack is pretty much full up now, but I'd like to have a small stove and some additional food. Keeping water in the truck during the winter months is problematic due to the freezing temperatures we get around here. Now that I'm commuting again, I should get in the habit of loading up a couple of bottles of water when I leave and bring them in when I get home. I'd like to have the truck equipped so I could live out of it or be on the move for a week if it ever came to that. I need to take a look at all of my gear and get myself a little better organized. I've probably got most everything I need, I just need to get it where it's more readily accessible and sorted depending on what the situation would call for.


While I was shopping, I bought myself another couple of clamps. I bought one like this a few years ago to try out. I was quite pleased with how it worked so I figured I'd get at least one more next time I was there. However, when I went back they weren't selling them anymore. I came across a promo for these on one of the blogs I read, so I ordered a pair while I was thinking about it and they were available. 

The crazy weather of frigid temps followed by freezing rain, followed by thick fog should be over with soon. The weather man is now calling for above average temps for at least a week, so time to get back out in the shop. Lots to do and it doesn't take long to heat up the shop when the outside temperatures are in the forties.

No comments: