Sunday, January 14, 2024

Winter

 


And that's pretty much the size of it. Friday we had snow early, rain later. Wind gusts to go with it. Saturday morning things were iced up and the temperature started dropping. Forecast calling for single digits the next few days. 

I went out to put the tractor on the battery charger, just to keep it ready to go if need be. In order to do that I need to string an extension cord from the shop out to the barn. The driving rain and freezing temperatures managed to freeze up the deadbolt on the shop door. My key only went in the lock about 3/16", but I've got some de-icer stuff I sprayed in the lock and it did the job. However, even though the deadbolt was freed up, the doorknob was frozen as well. And when I tried to get back in the house, the knob on the storm door was froze up also. Ain't winter fun.

I spent about an hour at the boxing gym yesterday morning and split a little more wood later in the day. The temperature had dropped to 15 degrees at 4:00 o'clock and I had a nice accumulation of ice in the whiskers after being outside for an hour. Other than checking on the chickens, I'm not planning on leaving the house until Tuesday afternoon. That's when I'm back to the college for my first class. However, as of now, there's a real good chance school will be cancelled due to the extreme cold. Regardless, I'm not too concerned about it. At least there's no snow in the forecast. 

No comments: