Saturday, May 4, 2024

Traveler 120

 


I developed my roll of film yesterday. I mixed up a fresh batch of developer and fixer for the occasion. I've got another roll in another camera that still has a couple of frames left on it, I'll shoot those up soon and get that roll developed before the chemicals go bad. The roll in the photo hanging there to dry has some over exposure along the edges. It looks like the roll wasn't rolled up real tight when it came out of the camera and it allowed light to get in while it was sitting around. However the center of the frames seem to be properly exposed and plenty sharp. There's not much on there of any real importance. I shot the roll mainly to check the function of one of my old cameras.


This being the one. The camera is in surprisingly good shape considering it's about seventy years old. The shutter has a fixed speed of 1/50th and the only adjustment is the lever top left allowing you to make time exposures. There also was model without the time exposure lever and one that had a provision for attaching a flash. If I'm going to use an old camera, I prefer a folding camera rather than a box camera - something with adjustable shutter and aperture settings. I do have a 4x5 tintype kit that will fit in a big old box camera I've got, as well as my view and press cameras. That'll have to wait until I finish my ham class, however.

I got my weed-whacker out on Thursday. I bought a new head for it that, hopefully, will work better than the original. It definitely will be much easier to reload. It took quite a few pulls on the recoil rope before I got it running and I knew right from the first pull I was going to be sore afterwards. And I was. The chest burned the rest of the day and it was a little tender yesterday as well. I'm still working out what I can and can't do. 

No comments: