Sunday, May 5, 2024

Typical Day

 


I got the first coat of varnish on the tabletop yesterday. It's pretty shiny in the photo but it's a satin varnish, so some of the gloss will be gone when it dries. It'll get the second coat today and then it should be ready to go.


I ran out of angle to protect the top edge when I was finishing up the trailer project. I only needed two little short pieces but I didn't find a piece locally. Surly brought a piece down a week or so ago that probably came from my stash anyway. The exposed end on one side was already starting to delaminate a bit, so I got the two pieces installed yesterday.

While I was out in the shop I got a call from the big cheese of the ham group. Seems getting everyone on the same page for the examination is not going to be very easy, so he wanted to know if I was amenable to taking the test on the night of the regular monthly meeting. I took a practice test after getting home from the class session and passed it, so yes, I'm ready. I'll take a few more practice tests because I'm still a little weak in a couple of areas. I'd like to ace this thing just as a matter of pride.

I'll get back on the shifter lever this week. I need to finish that up so I can finish the bike. I know the grandson wants to ride it and I want it finished.



No comments: