Monday, May 13, 2024

Weekend Wrap-Up

 


I went to the fights in Indy with Coach Jen Saturday night. Seven pro bouts on the card, three of which were people we knew personally. One win, one defeat in a very sloppy fight, and another defeat when a slugger met a very skilled boxer. The show was promoted by La Jefa Promotions, Indiana's only female boxing promotion group. Good show and we had a chance to talk to a few people we know in the boxing game. Seems as if professional boxing in Indiana is making a comeback - nice to see.

I also received word from the Welding Instructor at the high school that the high mileage team was very successful Saturday. His two-car team placed first in one division and second in the other. Apparently, the piece I machined for one of his cars did the job, so I can take a wee bit of credit on that one.

I worked on the shift lever Sunday. With a bit of judicious filing and scraping, I got the shifting shaft to fit in the lever block like it was supposed to. The lever in the foreground of the photo is what it's going to end up looking like when completed, or something similar. I now have to figure out if I'm going to use Heim joints or clevises for the linkage. A little more engineering and I'll have the shift linkage taken care of. Hook up the rear brake and I'll be ready to finish weld the frame and paint.

Both grandsons were here Sunday. One cut the grass, the other brought down a welding job for his employer. Not much to it - made a couple of little hoops that needed to be welded on to rake handles. One aluminum, one steel. I forgot to get a photo, though.

Taking my Ham radio test this evening. Should be able to pass without much trouble. I might not ace it, but I'm confident in a positive outcome. I've been studying a lot.

No comments: