Thursday, July 4, 2024

Independence Day

 


Independence Day today - might be time for version two. The first time around was due to a 2% tax on tea. The founders, if they were to come back around, would surely wonder why they bothered putting their lives and the lives of their families at risk for what we have allowed to happen.


I don't have any plans for the day - no shake, rattle or rollin' for me. Might get into the kitchen and rattle the pots and pans, though. No plans for barbecuing anything on the grill or even watching fireworks. 

Spent the better part of yesterday on the road. Grocery shopping at two different locations, Menards for some concrete blocks and a couple 16"x16" patio blocks to set the extra propane tanks on for the generator. The guys from the gas company got me set up with a copper tube to connect to a tank, but I think some type of flexible line would be a good addition. That way I wouldn't have to move the tanks around when the first one runs dry. I would guess if I need the extra tanks, the power will have been out for a few days and there won't be any place open to refill them. Rather than trying to move them around in the snow or rain, it'll be a lot easier to just move the hose. 

I also dropped off the helicopter tanks yesterday. He's got another welding job for me in the future. There's a tubular driveshaft that powers the tail rotor that needs another short tube slid inside it, then welded around the end and a couple of plug welds. He has a TIG welder there, so it would be an easy job. He had the tail structure clamped in place when I was there, so I could see what it will look like when completed. Looks like it will be fun.

Enjoy the 4th and stay safe.

No comments: