Friday, September 13, 2024

Shelving Unit

 


I heard this on WXRT last evening. I was in the truck and I had the radio down low, but I thought at first it was a James Brown song that I had never heard before. Come to find out, though, it was Charles Bradley, who passed away seven years ago. I don't know how it happened that I never heard of him before, he sounds enough like James Brown to be Soul Brother #2. I'm going to have to look up some more of his music.


I bought another set of shelves for the back of the shop. Next step is to round up and sort some of the project parts and get them into mouse proof containers. The black tote with the orange lid is a Menards' Halloween special. Two of them will fit side by side on a shelf, so three more should take care of most of the loose parts. According to the shelf info, each shelf will hold 800 lbs. if evenly distributed. However, the uprights are pretty thin. I can't imagine loading up the 5 shelves with 2 tons of parts and expect it to stay upright. I have no intention of loading the shelves to capacity - no way I'm going to be humping that kind of weight around. I just need to get things in a central location off the floor.

The next big step will be moving my old Miller Goldstar to the back and moving the new welder and plasma up front. I'll have to use the floor crane to move the spare Slant-Six out of the way and then stick the welder back up against the wall, move a couple of other things around and then move the motor back out of the way.

Lots to do still, but feeling pretty good about the results so far.

No comments: